Capri Elementary School

School Attendance

Is your family taking a vacation during the school year?

If you will be going on vacation, try to plan them on school holidays. If you are not able to, and will be gone 5 school days or more, please come into the office and inquire about an Independent Study Contract at least 10 school days prior to your child's absence. Only one Independent Study will be granted per school year. Students may not be granted more than three (3) Independent Study contracts while in the Campbell Union School District.

Please notify the office every day that your child is absent from school.  To report an absence, call (408) 341-7118 for the 24 hr. attendance line.

If you have seen a medical professional, please bring us a doctor's note to have your child's absence medically verified.

Your student is allowed 10 days of parent verified absence due to an illness for the school year. After the 10 days, you will need to bring in a doctor's note to clear the absences. 

Vacations are not excused absences. Vacation and absences other than illness are considered unexcused and will generate truancy letters.